Be it a kid or an adult – chicken is one of the most popular meats among the non-vegetarians.
Tangdi Kebab is made from chicken drumsticks traditionally roasted in a Tandoor.
Easy to cook, you can also make this mouthwatering dish at home. This grilled chicken dish has a coating of spiced gram flour which makes it delicious and flavourful.
- Chicken drumsticks – 8 pieces
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Hung yogurt/sour cream – 1 cup
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped green chillies – 4-6
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Clean the excess fat and skin from the drumsticks. Dry the drumsticks with a clean absorbent kitchen towel. Now make three to four long and deep incisions.
- Coat the drumsticks with lemon juice and keep it aside. Now, pound ginger and garlic into a paste. Dry roast the gram in a pan on low heat.
- Let the gram flour cool. Now add the roasted gram flour, sour cream/hung yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, salt and green chillies to prepare a marinade.
- Add the chicken drumsticks in the marinade and mix well. Refrigerate the chicken for 1-2 couple for marination.
- Skewer the marinated chicken drumsticks and cook it in a preheated oven at 220°C for five minutes.
- Now, reduce oven temperature to 180°C and cook further for fifteen to twenty minutes or till completely cooked.
- Turn drumsticks a couple of times to ensure it is cooked evenly.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot sprinkled with lemon wedges.