Delight your Vegetarian Friends with this Easy Malai Kofta Recipe!
Have you invited a bunch of vegetarian friends at home? Delight your vegetarian friends with a mild Indian curry rich with mindblowing flavours and appetising aroma.
Malai Kofta is an easy to make recipe where soft melt-in-mouth kofta (fried balls) are added in tangy, slightly spicy and creamy curry made from tomatoes. Made with some easily available ingredients, this curry is the ultimate food for any vegetarian.
- Large Onion – 1 No.
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Medium-sized Tomato – 3 No.
- Cashew nuts – 5-6 No.
- Water – as required
For malai kofta recipe:
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1 No.
- Cinnamon stick – ¼ inch
- Cloves – 2-3 No.
- Green cardamoms – 2 No.
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 1 tsp
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed – 1 cup
- Paneer grated – 1 cup
- Corn flour (corn starch) – 3 tbsp
- Chopped cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying kofta
- 1. Take potatoes, paneer, corn flour, cashews and raisins in a bowl. Knead the ingredients into a soft dough.
- 2. Divide the mixture into equal portions and make smooth balls. Now, heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is properly heated, add kofta gently.
- 3. Fry the kofta till they turn brown from all the sides. Keep the koftas on a paper towel lined plate and keep it aside.
Malai Kofta Curry Recipe:
- 1. Take onions, tomato, ginger, garlic and cashew nuts in a saucepan. Add some water and heat it for 15 minutes till the ingredients are cooked.
- 2. Once the ingredients cool down, make a smooth puree. Heat oil and butter in a pan on medium heat.
- 3. Now add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick and saute it for 40 seconds.
- 4. Add the puree and add salt to it. Mix it and cook till the moisture is evaporated and starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- 5. Add chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook the mixture for a minute. Now add water and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Take kasoori methi and lightly crush it in your palm. Add kasoori methi and garam masala. Turn off the heat.
- 7. Transfer the curry in the serving bowl. Take heavy cream in a bowl and dip each kofta in the cream. Now add it to the curry.
- 8. Serve hot with Roti or Naan.